Thursday, October 29, 2020

Holy shit

"More trouble over free speech in France. I sometimes feel their policy is defective -- why do the Charlie Hebdo cartoons have to be their only example of freedom of expression?"


I couldn't agree more with my cousin's thoughts!


There is racism in France which needs to be seriously addressed. When I was in Paris for a short translation project, I was alarmed in Montpellier where I was studying at the time, about 'racism' in Paris; lo and behold I bumped into a grocery shop whose owner said he had nothing for people like me. When I asked as to what he meant by 'people like me', he ignored me and asked his employee to show me the door. I was thrown out.


I am sure I am not the only one solitary example. Of course my love for France and everything French enabled me to royally overlook this, but this attitude of displacing anger (in most cases with valid reasons) on arbitrary people causes negative vibration and it does set a sad example about the country that gifted democracy to the world. In case, you are naive enough to misunderstand, I am not, in any way, advocating the scoundrels who take it on them as a messenger of their prophet and behead people for what they say to keep committing such crimes, I'm trying to throw some light by wearing a black hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment