Monday, June 8, 2020

Disappointed with Kutchina products and, above all, their service.

I bought Kutchina water purifier and Kutchina chimney on May 29, 2019. Within three months, the tube of the water purifier Dewdrop DLX stopped functioning. I reported it to Unique Water Purifier Pvt. Ltd. They came and immediately replaced it. I was happy, but still, I asked the service engineer how it was possible that within three months I had a problem with the water purifier. He gave me a wise smile and went away. It was okay this far. In April this year, during the lockdown, the water purifier started malfunctioning again. I tried their toll-free number 1800 419 7333, it said, ‘the number doesn’t exist’. I called a sales executive by the name of Satyajit (82936 26621) who said all the products of Kutchina are full of complaints. Since this was helping me at all, I tried another sales executive Ajay Mondal (90641 9808) who said he couldn’t help me anyway because of the lockdown, but he also suggested that I write an email to them so that it stays on the record. I immediately wrote to Unique Water Purifier (uwp.pvt.ltd06@gmail.com) with cc to Kutchina’s Customer Care (customercare@kutchina.com) on 26 April stating clearly what the problem was. Since I didn’t get any response, I sent several emails in English and Bengali pleading them to contact me. They were silent. Even this far, it was okay, because the whole city was under lockdown.

I called Urban Clap twice because it was difficult for me to survive without clean water, even today I am boiling water and storing, difficult for an old man who stays all alone by himself. I got the water purifier in order to avoid this in the first place. Both the Urban clap mechanics said that the problem was with the PCB board and that it can only be replaced by Kutchina, by none else.

The true picture was revealed when their office (Unique Water Purifier) reopened on Monday 1 June 2020. The lady who spoke to me at 98310 88903 (also their WhatsApp number) was very cordial and was trying to be helpful. She said we can send an engineer but you have to pay for one year has passed. When I narrated my sad story, of how I tried to contact, how I sent them mail after mail. She stopped for a while and said that she did not receive any mail from me. Had she received my mails, she would have definitely rectified it for free. I asked her to check because none of the emails I sent at uwp.pvt.ltd06@gmail.com bounced. She said it could be because their internet wasn’t up and about, that she’ll get back to me as soon as the internet is restored. I called, wrote on WhatsApp to check if she could dig through the mail. She called me and asked me to forward the mail. Since it would be easy for me to search, I asked her about their email address. ‘Why’, she snapped, ‘sir you are telling us that you wrote us, then you should be able to find it.’ Saying this, she did hang up. Was she trying to tell me I was lying? Okay she might have a point, so I tried to search, and I got back the total mail-trail, sent to them on 26 April till 13 May! I called her immediately, she asked me to forward which I did.

After quite some time, I get her call. This time around, she was very polite. ‘Sir, I spoke to my sir, I know you wrote within the period, but nothing we can do, sir said, you have to pay for the PCB board.’

I stopped and told myself I will not spend one rupee as a matter of principle. As customers, they say we are at the helm of affairs, but at the time of crisis, it just the opposite, we are the worst sufferers. I know nothing can be done now. I told her I will escalate, but then I thought there was no point. Kutchina will NOT listen to me once I have become their customer; they will do anything I ask for when I am their prospect. I am disappointed not only with their products but also with their service and with their culture.

Please do not buy any Kutchina products, and if you do, you will face the music, soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment